Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Appealing to the GOP base

Just when I'd though I'd heard it all when it comes to hateful depictions of Michelle Obama, along comes Right-wing (can I start calling them Reich Wing, yet?) website Town Hall with this doozie:

Take Michelle Obama…please. Every time I turn around, there she is on a magazine cover. Now, normally, like the Mafia, I lay off the spouses, but inasmuch as this particular spouse attended the same racist church as her hubby for 20 years, I’ll make an exception in her case. After all, in spite of the fact that affirmative action got her an Ivy League degree and a $7,000-a-week salary and, moreover, has sent billions of dollars for no particularly good reason to Africa, she insists this is a mean country. The burning question in my circle is: if the First Family gets a female dog, will she be the First Bitch or will she have to settle for second place?
It seems that as much as the racists who make up the Right-wing commentariat despise the thought of a black man in the White House, what really, truly gets their blood boiling is the sight of an uppity black woman as First Lady.

(Found on Stinque)

No comments: